Welcome to Witan World!
Below Terms govern your use of Witanworld and our products, features, apps, services, technologies and software that we offer (the Witanworld, ewitenagemot or associated products), all products are offered as a part of Witenagemot World offering except where we expressively state that in separate Terms (and not these) apply.
1. Our services
Our mission is to give all individuals the power to freely exchange knowledge and build community to bring the world closer to each other.
To help advance this mission, we provide the products and services described below to you:
- Provide a Platform to freely exchange knowledge and make connections:
Your experience on Witanworld and ewitenagemot will be unlike others: from articles, knowledge, Information, content, stories, events, ads and all other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you create, follow and other features that you might use, such as Trends, Marketplace Indicators and search. We use the data we have – for example, knowledge content you create, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to enhance and personalize your experience.
- Provide an enhanced & personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Witanworld and ewitenagemot is unlike others: from articles, knowledge, Information, content, stories, events, ads and all other content that you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages that you create, follow and other features that you might use, such as Trends, Marketplace Indicators and search. We use the data we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to enhance and personalize your experience.
- Connect you with people and entities that you care about:
We help you create, exchange knowledge and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot products you use. We use the data that we have to make suggestions to you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, and people who you may want to associate with. Stronger ties and mutual respect make better communities, and we believe that our knowledge and services will be useful when people are connected to people, groups and organisations that they care about.
- Empower you to freely exchange knowledge, express yourself with respect to others and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Witanworld and ewitenagemot to communicate with friends, associates and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing your knowledge, guiding individuals or communities, status updates, photos, videos and stories across the Witanworld and Witenagemotworld Products that you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding knowledge content. We also have developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology, such as augmented reality and 360 video to create and share more expressive and engaging content on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
- Help you discover content, products and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products and services that are offered by the many businesses and organisations that use Witanworld and ewitenagemot and other Related Products. Our partners pay us to show their content to you, and we design our services so that the content you see is as relevant and useful to you as everything else that you see on our Products.
- Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
People will only exchange knowledge and build community in a non-threatening environment, Witanworld is committed to build a community in which people feel safe and freely exchange knowledge, experiences, and information. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced systems to detect misuse of our Products and Services, harmful conduct towards others and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement. We share data with other Witenagemotworld companies when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Products.
- Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning systems and augmented reality so that people can use our Products and Services safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, technology like this helps people who have visual impairments understand what or who visual content or videos shared on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. We also build sophisticated network and communication technology to help more people connect to the Internet. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove harmful, abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and impact negatively to the Witanworld and ewitenagemot community or to the integrity of our Products.
- Research to make our services better:
We engage in research and collaborate with others to improve our Products and services. One way we do this is by analysing the data we have and understanding how people use our Products and Services.
- Provide consistent experience across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products, Services and Communities (aka Witenagemot World):
Our Products help you to freely exchange access, share and exchange knowledge, find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organisations and others that are important to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent across the different Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and Services that you use. For example, we use data about the people you engage with on Witanworld and ewitenagemot to make it easier for you to connect with them on other 3rd Party Networks or Messenger, and we enable you to communicate with a business that you follow on Witanworld and ewitenagemot through different forums and messengers.
- Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centres and systems around the world, this including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by the parent company Witenagemot World or its affiliates.
2. Our Data Policy and your privacy choices
To provide these services, we must collect and use your personal data. We detail our practices in the Data Policy, by accepting this User Agreement you also agree to comply to our Data Policies. Any violation of Data and Privacy Agreements will enable Witanworld and ewitenagemot to take actions as deemed appropriate, this may include revoking access to the products and services offered by Witanworld and ewitenagemot or its affiliates, report any gross violation to the appropriate authorities as the Witenagemot World Legal Teams deem appropriate.
All conditions are deemed agreed to in order to use our Products. We encourage you to review the privacy choices that you have in your settings.
3. Your commitments to Witanworld and ewitenagemot and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Witanworld and ewitenagemot User expectations:
When people stand behind their experiences, opinions and take accountability to self-actions. Witanworld and ewitenagemot becomes a safer and more genuine place to be associated with, Witan (Witan World User) must be committed to display the below behavior and act responsibly at all times by:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your Witanworld account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Witanworld and ewitenagemot broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Witanworld and ewitenagemot if:
- You are under 12 years (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We previously disabled your account for violations of Witanworld and ewitenagemot policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws where you reside.
How you can Use Witanworld and ewitenagemot
We want people to use Witanworld and ewitenagemot to freely exchange knowledge, experience to empower others people in the Witanworld and ewitenagemot community. This could involve expressing yourselves with mutual respect, and in such a way that it does not threaten the Safety and security of other people. Share content that you feel is important, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That violates these Terms, Community Standards, other policies or terms and conditions that apply to your use of Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
- Initiating or associating with Activities that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates the rights of others.
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior legal permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content that you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct or behaviors that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. Rights provided to Witanworld and ewitenagemot (aka Witenagemot World) by You.
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use the content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on Witanworld and ewitenagemot and the other Witanworld and ewitenagemot products or services which you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services though, you give us legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. articles, trends, photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share an Article or a Photo on Witanworld and ewitenagemot, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products and Services that you use.
You cannot end this license any of your previously approved and published work, however you are free to stop exchanging your information any time by deleting your account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Witanworld and ewitenagemot next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products and services, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you have published an article or have expressed interest in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Witanworld and ewitenagemot. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you’ve taken on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
3. Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content you create or share on Witanworld and ewitenagemot), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Witanworld community, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Witanworld and ewitenagemot to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express or associate themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Services and Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them.
Our Products and Services, however, are provided “as is”, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the court deemed by Witenagemot World, that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating to any such claim, and that the laws of the State will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
1. These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Witanworld and ewitenagemot regarding your use of our Products and services. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing or managing content, apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing content, you must comply with our Guidelines. To the extent that any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
3. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
4. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
5. You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
6. These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name that you use in everyday life).
8. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
6. Other Terms and Policies that may apply to you
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content that you post to Witanworld and ewitenagemot and your activity on Witanworld and ewitenagemot and other Witanworld Products.
- Commercial Terms: These Terms apply if you also access or use our Products for any commercial or business purpose, including advertising, operating an app on our Platform, using our measurement services, managing a group or a Page for a business or selling goods or services.
- Advertising Policies: These Policies specify what types of ad content are allowed by partners who advertise across the Witanworld and ewitenagemot Products.
- Self-Serve Ad Terms: These Terms apply when you use self-serve advertising interfaces to create, submit or deliver advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
- Pages, Groups and Events Policy: These guidelines apply if you create or administer a Witanworld and ewitenagemot Page, group or event, or if you use Witanworld and ewitenagemot to communicate or administer a promotion.
- Platform Policy: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to your use of our platform (for example, for developers or operators of a platform application or website or if you use social plugins).
- Developer or Contributor Payment Terms: These Terms apply to contributors and developers of applications that use Witanworld and ewitenagemot Payments.
- Community Payment Terms: These Terms apply to payments made on or through Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
- Commerce Policies: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply when you offer products and services for sale on Witanworld and ewitenagemot.
- Witan World Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the Policies that apply to the use of Witanworld and ewitenagemot trademarks, logos and screenshots.